KBE-NY Hiring a Full Time Site Safety Manager, this person would be required to be on site in Jersey City, NJ for an 18 month project. After this, the candidate would be responsible to travel to other projects as needed for safety duties.
This individual will be expected to role model and foster the attitude, measures and approaches necessary to create a workplace environment/image that embodies the KBE-NY Mission of Building Excellence Together by exemplifying the values of Dedication, Innovation, Pride, Adaptability and Integrity.
What we are looking for:
- A strong communicator: because you’ll be dealing with everyone from subcontractors, project teams, clients and Senior KBE-NY Management.
- Good at constructive debate: because we value your opinions and ideas!
- Pro-active and driven to achieve results because we need to get the job done right!
- Use good judgement: because we trust you!
- A leader with the ability to draw from other’s talents!
- Strong organizational skills because you have to keep that project on schedule and on track!
- And strong Integrity and relationship-building skills!
Our typical projects include Higher Education, Commercial, Retail, Sr. Living and Schools.
KBE-NY’s mission of Building Excellence Together guides all that we do. It is founded on open, collaborative communication with our clients, design partners, contractors and employees and exemplified by our four core values: Dedication / Innovation / Integrity/Adaptability and Pride.
- Perform Safety Audits of KBE-NY projects to include the special projects as well as audits of the Elite field teams.
- Audits will be detailed, correcting compliance issues during the visit and developing a report while onsite. Distribute report to Safety Director, Director of Operations, and field team. Follow up on any open issues from field visits.
- Review subcontractor submitted safety documentation. Fall protection plans, JHA’s, proof of training, etc.
- Attend pre construction meetings or pre task meetings
- Provide or schedule training for KBE and Elite employees if necessary.
- Attend any training necessary to keep up with industry standards or training that will allow this individual to perform his job duties.
- Perform accident / incident investigations involving Subcontractor, KBE and Elite employees if. Help with accident reporting and employee follow up pertaining to medical documentation if required. Develop a lessons learned for each accident / incident and discuss with Field team/ company how to eliminate in the future.
- Meet OSHA compliance officers or any other governing agency onsite if required
- Help to develop presentations for OSHA citation hearings when required
- Full time Safety on a project when needed
- Superintendent fill in when needed
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelors degree highly preferred
- Background with construction safety procedures and practices is a must
- Knowledge on how to read and interpret OSHA Standards, and other standards used throughout the industry
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, (BIM 360 experience preferred but will train)
- Ability to travel in the NJ/NY Area
- Vacation / Sick Days
- Volunteer time during workday
- Company Holidays/ Floating Holidays (used at employee discretion)
- Subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance / Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership Development Programs
- Corporate Outings and Events
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Business Casual Attire per Corporate Policies (no denim)